Thursday, 6 October 2016

The Tiredness

Oh boy!  I thought I was just super tired lately due to the fact that I work full time with a very busy job (special education teacher), and I'm extremely busy with my four kids at home- running around to gymnastics, basketball practice, playing in the backyard, walking the dog, etc.   Well, now that I know my iron is low, I am realizing that the tiredness I'm feeling could be more than just exhaustion from my crazy life!  I feel like I'm in a fog and that I really need a nap!  Evenings are especially hard, after a long day.  Why do the kids take forever to get to bed?  Once they are finally tucked in, and asleep, I'm just looking forward to finally resting my head on the pillow... After I make lunches, tidy up, pay bills, let dog out, etc., etc.!

Being tired is the biggest complaint from other women I know.  We're all working so hard at our jobs and with our families, not only is there very little time for ourselves, there is not enough time to get enough sleep.  If you add low iron into this equation, it's even harder for women.  How can this dilemma be remedied?  Something has got to be done!  Women are the driving force for families, and we are all run-ragged!

It feels so good to be full of energy.  To be able to tackle all of life's challenges and responsibilities with energy.  This is why the iron challenge is so important to me.  I need to figure out how to get my energy back.   I don't see my life settling down anytime soon, so I need to build myself back up to a state where I can tackle it with gusto, and enjoy it at the same time.

Am I one day closer to higher iron?

My meals today:

Breakfast:

brown beans on multigrain toast
mandarin oranges 2
banana
1/2 iron pill
(I forgot my chlorophyll drink this morning)

Snack:
Bran muffin
Strawberries

Lunch:
Leftover curry chickpeas with sweet potatoes
mix green salad with cherry tomatoes and honey dijon dressing

Snack 2pm: (Not actually a snack)
1/2 iron pill
Vitamin C pill

Snack 
pumpkin seeds mixed with cashews, almonds, cranberries and raisins
mandarin orange
whole wheat crackers

Dinner
Basil pesto sauce with cherry tomatoes and roasted eggplant
Whole wheat noodles
Spaghetti squash with olive oil
Sardines in tomato sauce

Bedtime Snack
1/2 iron pill
Vitamin C pill
Chlorophyll drink


No comments:

Post a Comment